- Understanding and implementation exposure of ISO QMS 9001, OHSAS 18001, EMS 14001 and other relevant certifications
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced
- Outlining safe protocols which identify and take into account all relevant hazards inside the plant
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures/SOP’s/guidelines are being properly implemented
- Suggest changes to working practices that comply with all standards
- Preparing health and safety strategies and implementing internal policy / action plan
- Conduct in-house training sessions with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
- Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers
- Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all HSE legislation and any developments that affect the industry
- To continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organization
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment
- Walk the floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
- Conduct monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Perform facility HSE Inspections / audits checks on periodic basis
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Follow Fall Protection program, inspect all fall protection equipment and maintain inspection records.
Personality Traits / Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, Proactive & Team Player
- Attention to detail & Analytics Skills
- Self-starter attitude
- Planning and organization skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Familiar with MS Office specific to MS Excel
Amreli Steels is one of the largest manufacturers of steel reinforcement bars in Pakistan. Situated in the industrial hub of Karachi, our plant uses one of the most modern hot rolling mill technologies in the industry and is capable of continuously producing straight bars up to 35 tons per hour. Thi ...Read More