Eligibility Criteria: Minimum BSCS, 1 year experience with good knowledge of Visual Studio, Wordpress, MySQL, SQL, ASP .Net, C#, MVC, Razor Syntax, Web Services, LINQ, PHP, Store Procedures, HTML, CSS, Angular JS, Node.js, IIS, Ajax and JQuery etc.
The Software Developer will be responsible for developing, building, and supporting reliable solutions that achieve business objectives. Developer will work within a team using an Agile approach to development. An element of application support is also required; hence there is a need to work an on-call rota, and may be required to work some unsociable hours in order to ensure the company’s systems are available to their clients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
• Completing all changes identified at code review or Functional testing, first time.
• Building unit tests that prove the correct operation of the code to a specified level of coverage
• Be responsible for the management of implementation through effective breakdown into tasks, estimates and timely updates in TFS
• Take ownership of defects in coded areas and resolve these before Sprint completion
• Demonstrate a pro-active approach to communication within the team including any impediments to be escalated to the team leader.
• Support production use of systems through customer fixes, including on-call and some out of hours support.
• Report progress and provide regular feedback to the Software Development Manager and team members
• Work closely with other team members, e.g. peer programming and code reviews
Other responsibilities associated with the role:
• Risk Management - Participate in the identification, assessment, planning and management of threats and opportunities as appropriate.
• Information Security – take an active part in the preservation of confidentiality, availability and integrity of information assets used in conducting the role and follow additional security procedures associated with specific activities where applicable.
EXPECTED STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
• All code should achieve the minimum project targets for unit test code coverage
• Estimates of work should be consistent with peer estimates
• Development tasks should not exceed sprint estimates or deadlines
• All functional test defects found during sprint coding should be resolved by the end of the sprint