We are looking for the enthusiastic "Transport Officer"
Experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Assure the smooth running of the transport department. Supervise Drivers and Vehicle Helpers.
- Coordinate with Operations department managers to determine transport requirements and schedule transport to meet them.
- Assist with assessments of local transportation resources and infrastructure, and the contracting of transportation assets.
- Coordinate the movement of vehicles and other transportation assets.
- Ensure the appropriate use, maintenance and repair of all light vehicles and trucks (private or leased), motorcycles and generators.
- Create and/or modify various systems to manage the movement of vehicles and personnel.
- Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, vehicle logs, daily inspection reports, etc.
- Ensure sufficient supply of fuel and oil.
- Manage fuel requests, fuel stocks (fuel farm or supplier agreements) and spare parts inventories.
- Produce monthly fuel and vehicle use reports, “work orders,” etc.
- Install and maintain the Vehicle Management System (VMS); ensure that data is input regularly and that required reports are produced.
- Hire, train and supervise drivers.
- Act as liaison between ARAR and local government agencies and personnel necessary to keep the ARAR vehicle fleet legal and roadworthy.
Drivers, Vehicle Helpers
- Manifests ARAR mission, values, and guiding principles.
- Makes responsible and efficient use of time, talent, money, assets, and natural resources to achieve plans and goals.
- Builds and maintains mutually beneficial relationships through solidarity.
- Builds the capacity of self, staff and partners to continue learning and innovating to better fulfill our mission.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a transport department
- University degree
- Recognized ability to work as part of a team
- Significant experience in fleet management and / or logistics
- Understanding of policies and procedures governing the management of motorized assets and the contracting of transportation services
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- strong negotiating skills
- Demonstrated rational and logical thinking; ability to creatively and quickly find solutions to problems
- Proven ability to manage personnel, delegate and follow-up; must be able to “multi-task”
- Experience managing inventories (e.g., asset and spare part stock management)
- Fluency (writing, reading, speaking) in Urdu and English
- Computer experience: Windows systems, MS Office and Others Transportation Management Tools.
- Conscientious with excellent sense of judgment