Arcanainfo is looking for a qualified Senior Middleware Consultant to passionately deliver the integration/middleware/ micro-services assignments/ solutions in our key enterprise accounts and service provider partners.
Through a series of interactions both in-person and remotely, you will win the trust and confidence of customers' engineering, development, and operations teams by aligning their requirements and use cases with the functional capabilities of the solution.
As a Middleware Consultant, you'll play a critical role in bringing together cross-functional teams Arcana to meet the needs of our most demanding customers.
You will also act as the customer's advocate with these organizations to deliver the right solutions and ensure they are implemented and supported in an innovative and reliable way.
We'll need you to have a thorough working knowledge and hands-on experience with JEE, middleware application architectures (i.e. enterprise integration, business automation, big data, mobility), and their supporting infrastructures.
Primary job responsibilities
- Become a respected subject matter expert at the client site, addressing their technical, development, and strategic IT requirements
- Use your critical thinking skills to tackle tough problems in an innovative way
- Define overall system architectures and manage software specification, design, testing, and deployment of open source solutions
- Act as a trusted advisor at the client site and assist the project or technical managers in setting and delivering on expectations
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of industry practices and thorough project experience and training
- Respond to incidents, escalations, and exceptions in a professional manner
- 8+ years of experience with Java EE, integration protocols, middleware platform including enterprise web or middleware development project experience
- Ability to handle work pressure and flexible in working hours
- Ability to handle, motivate, mentor delivery teams
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, object-oriented design, and development principles including enterprise design patterns
- Understanding of Java frameworks or libraries (i.e. Spring, Hibernate, Struts)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment balancing a consulting and coding workload
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Comfortable working with highly distributed teams, including interaction with the open source communities over email and chat
- Ability to self-study and quickly learn and put new topics into practice
- Passion for open source, software, tooling, and automation