Primary purpose of the role:
The Solution Architect is responsible for the development of the technology solutions and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements to ensure they are in line with the enterprise architectural plan.
· Strong skillsets in Software or System Architecture design.
· Plan, direct and lead all projects the given portfolio to ensure web development projects meet organization goals and requirements.
· Lead activities of projects to ensure that goals, objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame.
· Responsible for identification and mitigation of all project risks, from project initiations till project closing.
· Experience with back-end development and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
· Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximize the return on technology investment
· Within the agreed enterprise architecture, define and design technology solutions to assist the business in meeting their business objectives
· Develop, test and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes Key challenges
· Identify system, infrastructure and project interdependencies and balance competing for demands to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
· Providing mentoring and on-the-job training for junior team members by initiating learning activities/knowledge sharing sessions.