Job Location: Vancouver, BC Canada | Visa: All qualified candidates will be sponored visas
Salary: $80,000 - $150,000 per year
Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Because of this, we’re growing like crazy and we need a few more hands on deck.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the end to end ownership of architecting, designing, developing and deploying the Article supply chain platform. Key responsibilities include designing and developing robust applications, mentoring others in best practices, being responsible for the delivery of project within agreed deadlines.
The Senior Software Engineer is an essential contribution to the Article team. Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Designing and building the Article supply chain software platform.
- Being the gatekeeper for the repository by performing code reviews.
- Taking ownership of the up time of all software services.
- Understand business needs and spec-ing out detailed software solutions.
- Being the advocate for good quality code and best practices.
- Improving team velocity by being the force multiplier for the team.
- Participate and lead the planning meetings for the development cycle.
- Design specs for new stories and implement existing specs.
- Work with other team members to find bottlenecks and resolve blocking issues.
- Analysis existing software architecture and suggest improvements.
- Working with stakeholders to review that the implemented solutions meet business goals.
- Channel feedback from stakeholders back into the development cycle.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Development or related fields.
- We are primarily a Java shop, Excellent command over Java software language is a must.
- Experience building web applications using Java software
- Experience in other languages is an asset, especially in Python.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Playframework not needed but will be an asset.
- Able to hand code CSS and SCSS. Able to write clean style sheets.
- Excellent problem solving skills as it relates to software developers.
- Have experience with delivery of several large scale systems.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS database in particular MySql.
- Proven track record of building scalable Software Architecture.
- Experience building software on AWS platform.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and monitors, keyboards, laser printing, wireless mouses, and the software you need to succeed.
- A great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, complimentary snacks, and a killer sushi joint just up the street.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.