Senior Support Service Engineer –permanent position, full time, reporting to Head of Support Services (HSS)
- Ascertia is a global leader in PKI and high-trust electronic signature solutions. The company designs and develops software products in-house and sells these to a global audience, mainly through a network of local reseller partners.
- Ascertia has experienced solid revenue growth and is hiring new team members.
- The Senior Support Service Engineer will be responsible for product support, service support and relevant operational systems.
- They will assist in Proof of Concepts, post-sale installation delivery and configuration projects.
- The Senior Support Service Engineer will be part of a team providing the best level of service in the PKI and high-trust electronic signature industry.
- The role involves working closely with the Sales, Customer Success, Development and Partners to engage with Ascertia’s customers to fully support and serve their needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work as senior member of the Ascertia support team to drive successful outcomes within the defined response times
- Ensure that inbound support requests are clearly defined, categorised and prioritised for effective follow-up while on shift.
- Work with the team to build an effective technical knowledge base with relevant, reusable material and create and maintain relevant documents
- Assist where required to provide internal service status on support cases and projects to Management, Sales, Customer Success, CTO and Management
- Work effectively with the senior support team members to plan for the release of new product versions and any new support service information
- Work closely with Customer Success to manage any complex customer deployments, issues or items that need careful management to ensure successful outcomes
- Provide detailed and effective reports of product bugs, recommendations and enhancement requests to the development
Operational systems support
- Work with the Senior support team on all operational tasks for external facing Ascertia services, including SigningHub.com and ADSS Servers where they are hosted as a private or multi-tenanted service
- Work effectively Senior support team to plan any changes or upgrades to Ascertia hosted online services
- Ensure effective communications for any planned cloud service interruptions to customers and partners in line with agreed SLAs
- Identify process, structure or operational improvement areas, discuss and implement solutions to address these with the Head of Support Services
- Coach and mentor the Support team.
- Ensure Partner and customer information, including case, deployment and contact details are up to date in cloud case tracking and CRM tools
Team communication and feedback
- Work with HSS to build an effective team who are service, solution and success focused, who exhibit clear professional communications, a “can do” attitude and a respect for good security practices
- Ensure that there is feedback to relevant teams with any useful information such as upsell opportunities or product innovation items or licensing questions
- Provide feedback to HSS and CTO on items that could simplify support services efforts or help facilitate larger scale product deployments, so that products are developed in a way that makes them easy to install, configure and set up with appropriate resiliency and high availability
- Knowledge of Ascertia’s strategic products – ADSS Server and SigningHub is desirable, as is a good understanding of PKI, EU eIDAS Regulation and GDPR.
- This is an advanced technical service role requiring 5 years’ experience of installing and configuring operating systems (Windows and Linux), databases and managing cloud services such as Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Flexibility is required to work when, where and as required to ensure service tasks are completed quickly and effectively to a consistently high standard, ensuring customer and partner satisfaction and importantly repeat annual business.
- The role requires excellent self-discipline and timekeeping to manage concurrent tasks.
- Market competitive remunerations
- Provident Fund, medical allowance, medical insurance
- Six monthly bonuses
- Six monthly appraisals
- Paid holidays
- Complementary meals
- Night and weekend shift allowance
- Team building activities along with regular social events
- Company sponsored yearly excursion trips such as cricket, gaming or clubs
Why work for Ascertia?
- Ascertia is a UK limited company.
- The focus of the company is the development of high trust PKI products particularly focused on long-term digital signatures, mainly sold through our global partner network.
- Ascertia is a recognized brand for high trust cryptographic security.
- A good number of the security industry leaders recommend or resell Ascertia products.
- Gartner rates Ascertia very well for our leadership position in providing high trust digital signature solutions and our global delivery capability.
- We are a successful global provider of products and services with a friendly and caring approach to our colleagues.
- We are a friendly team of people that focus on getting the right relationships with our key partners and clients.
- Around the world there are approximately 100 staff with a strong focus on R&D and technical high trust sales.
- Ascertia has seen strong year on year growth and needs to expand it Customer Service and Operational teams.
- There is excellent growth potential at Ascertia.
- There is no limit to the progress a successful candidate can make.
- We are heavily dependent on the personal skills and experience people bring and the way these can be harnessed for company and personal success.
- Since 2001, Ascertia has been a global leader in delivering high-trust solutions for digital signatures, time stamping, certificate validation, certificate issuance.
- Ascertia has two strategic products:
- SigningHub (more business focused) delivers a complete signing solution enabling organization to workflow documents for digital signature approval.
- When integrated into core business applications or used standalone, Signing Hub optimists how internal and external users can review, approve and sign documents at any time on any device.
- Available as an on-premise product, private cloud service or multi-tenanted public cloud service.
- ADSS Server (more technical focused) is an advanced framework product that offers a full range of PKI related services.
- It is the cryptographic engine that powers Signing Hub and includes support for qualified and AATL certificates, central key management, local and remote signing and long-term signature creation and verification.
- Modular license options exist for CA, RA, OCSP, SCVP, TSA, central signing, local signing, authorised remote signing and long-term archiving.