Base Location: Dera Ismail Khan
Field Area: DI Khan / Tank
Number of Positions: 01. Preference will be given to local candidates.
Duration: Fixed Term (22 months)
Salary: PKR 80,000
Reports to: Project Lead / Senior Project Officer / Project Officer
Job Purpose: Implementation of project Agriculture/Livelihood activities in the respective areas including Agriculture/Livelihood land levelling, seeds/agriculture, kitchen gardening, training, Cash for Work/Food for Work etc. in close guidance and supervision of Agriculture/Livelihood officer and Senior Project officer.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his / her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and team members.
- Regular coordination with the relevant stakeholders –Agriculture/Livelihood and other humanitarian partners in districts
- Facilitate & support MEAL team in Baseline & end line survey (where applicable) & develop multiple reports with mutual consensus.
- Develop multiple livelihood/agriculture related assessment formats with consultation of MEAL team, field team, technical specialist & concern authorities.
- Identification, assessments and registration of beneficiary according to set criteria for Agriculture/Livelihood activities.
- Management of beneficiary tracking sheet (MIS, management information system).
- Close coordination with line Government Departments in designing of different Agriculture/Livelihood packages according to target areas.
- Endorsement of Agriculture/Livelihood beneficiaries & packages from the concern department & District Administration with consultation of SPO/Senior Livelihood Officer.
- Develop success stories with the consultation of media and communication team.
- Proper maintain project before, during and after pictorial views for record keeping.
- Document in a timely manner, all progress, challenges, and learning for future implementation of the similar projects and accountability.
- Conduct regular field visits with 80% time in field, 10% Coordination with stakeholders and 10% for reporting.
Public Relations / Media
Support the media team in the development of constructive working relationships with media representatives to build international and public profile and ensure positive coverage and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material to organization.
Safety and Security
- Liaise with the local/area supply chain officer to ensure compliance with organization Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context;
- Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the SPO/District Coordinator and organization Security Officer/Security Focal person.
- Follow the appropriate communications means to meet operational and security requirements;
- Ensure that administrative support functions are supported in accordance with organization administrative policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with district/area/country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements.
Financial Management and Planning
- Regularly review and financial planning/forecasting and reporting of the project
- Assist SPO/Livestock/Agriculture Officer in execution of the project financial expenditures, BVA review and reporting
- Ensure with the finance department, the maintenance of organization financial protocols and accounting systems for all field interventions.
Person Specification: It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols. We have zero tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
Qualification: Graduate, preferably Master / Bachelor Degree holder in Agriculture, Environment & Soil Sciences or relevant fields.
Experience: Relevant experience of 1 year with Masters / 2 years with Bachelors preferably with NGOs/INGOs.
Language: Urdu, English and local languages. Pashto and Saraiki dialect will be an additional asset.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain composure - acting in a calm and measured way, in difficult situations.
- Strong & confident communication skills which delivers information persuasively and with clarity in a wide range of situations.
- Has a positive demeanor and disposition, and able to overcome setbacks by motivating self and others.
- Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
"Please note, the organization is only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible/allowed to work in the Pakistan."