Mechanical engineers provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large projects.
They can work on all stages of a product, from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take a design from concept to released item.
- Design and develop product using CAD/CAM tools and market leading CAD Software.
- Create Class Technical Surfaces.
- Provide 3D CAD Design Solutions’ Design & Drafting using AutoCAD, Solid works Autodesk inventor and CATIA V5R20.
- Design optimization using FEA in COSMOS and ANSYS.
- Design validation using prototype and field testing.
- Create, manage and track design changes to CAD files.
- Design for Manufacturing, Design for assembly, Design for Environment
- Setup and maintain company design and drafting standards.
- Set and meet deadlines.
- Improve efficiency and collaborate with others, companywide.
- Author clear and concise instructional copy related to a wide variety of technical subjects.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, Production, sub-contractors, suppliers and Clients.
- Provide technical support and mentor colleagues in their efforts to employ a variety of engineering software.
- Create and deliver technical product demonstrations.
- Create simple, but effective technical data sets for software demonstrations and technical instruction to be leveraged by others for professional education.
Bachelors Mechanical Design Engineering. Master’s preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Strong background in math and science
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Must have streak of creativity as crafting innovative components to new products requires an inventive mind
- Effective communication (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings