Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. Manages and directs daily activities of subordinates assigned to assist the Supervising Auditor during an engagement. Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues. Includes Communicating identified issues with senior management to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
· Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
· Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
· Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
· Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
. Performing risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audit.
· Ensuring Assets are safeguarded and determine compliance with policies and procedures.
· Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
· Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant Education and training opportunities
· Performs other related duties as assigned
· Develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts.
· Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes
· Conduct audit testing of specified area and plan reportable issues and dimension of risk
· Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the senior management.
· Preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or the equivalent combination of Education, training, and work experience.
· A minimum of at least 3 years audit experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
· Public accounting firm experience is desirable but not required
Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately
· Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
· Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate
· Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
· Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
· Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk, control, and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing
· Good communication skills along with good or developing negotiation skills
· Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises
· Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information, and challenges
· Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility