We are looking for a Data Entry Operator to update and maintain information on our company databases and computer systems.
Data entry operator responsibilities include collecting and entering data in databases and maintaining accurate records of valuable company information. Our ideal candidate has essential data entry skills, like fast typing with an eye for detail and familiarity with spreadsheets and online forms. You will work with the Accounts Manager. Previous experience as a data entry operator or similar position will be considered an advantage.
Ultimately, a successful data entry operator will be responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date and useable information in our systems.
- Insert customer and account data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents within time limits
- Compile, verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check output
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Apply data program techniques and procedures
- Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup operations
- Scan documents and print files, when needed
- Keep information confidential
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant files
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Ensure proper use of office equipment and address any malfunctions
- Proven data entry work experience, as a Data entry operator or Office clerk
- Passion for learning on the fly and ability to solve problems independently.
- Experience with MS Office and data programs
- Experience with QuickBooks is an asset
- Familiarity with administrative duties
- Experience using office equipment, like fax machine and scanner
- Typing speed and accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
- College degree; additional computer training or certification will be an asset