- The Social Media & Content Writer is a highly motivated, creative individual with a passion for connecting with current and future customers.
- That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning customers into advocates.
- An essential component is communicating about the brands in a positive, authentic way to attract today's modern, hyper-connected consumers across all marketing tactics.
- This position will own the social media presence for different brands while executing online brand reputation and community management.
- This person will also fulfill copywriting requests for traditional and digital marketing executions such as email, press releases, print ads, sales sheets, websites, and more.
Essential Functions and Role Responsibilities:
- Social Media Planning and Execution (45% of time):
- Develop organic social media playbook & brand strategy
- Own the organic social content calendar across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Write all social content and collaborate with in-house designers, photographers, and team leaders on producing unique photos, videos, and gifs
- Engage with social media influencers to promote and produce content
- Adhere to brand guidelines
- Facilitate social media contests and giveaways
- Apply attribution best practices to image usage rights, copywriting & social media posts to ensure legal compliance.
- Stay up-to-date on current industry trends and best practices
- Copywriting (45% of time):
- Communicate in a voice that is on-brand, compelling, distinctive, and synergistic with art/graphics and brand standards
- Research, create, produce, and curate marketing copy for internal and external campaigns for a variety of platforms
- Write and edit content both independently and within a creative team atmosphere
- Work closely with teams to integrate copy length, style, and format with required visuals
- Be able to edit, proofread and provide feedback on all written project deliverables
- Social Media Analysis and Reporting (10% of time):
- Track and measure success of social media initiatives by using reporting and analytics such as Google Analytics, Facebook and Instagram Insights, Sprout Social, Simply Measured, Yext and other monitoring software
- Provide Quarterly Report on organic social post key measures. Share learnings and recommendations for optimization
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience collaborating with small to medium-sized teams
- Ability to defend creative choices to internal teams and clients, when necessary
- An ability to be communicative, flexible and precise under tight deadlines
- Avid social media user
- Social and data analysis skills
- Able to work independently while being proactive
- Meticulous attention to detail (grammar freaks encouraged to apply)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-4 years of experience in social media, copywriting or marketing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, English, or related field
Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.