The Business Development Manager will champion and lead the development of “out-of-the-box” and non-traditional business solutions. Establishes and maintains positive customer relations with potential and current customers to grow the business. Ensures quality and consistency of service and/or product delivery that meets the customer’s needs. He/she will work closely with the Estimating Department, General Manager, and Operations to insure alignment of the projects while identifying necessary resources to deliver on chosen solutions. He/she will manage such projects from inception to completion, using internal resources for larger projects.
· Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to client satisfaction in all work environments and areas.
· Lead and promote development of strategic relationships with partners or potential customers.
· Proactively find new ways to build the existing business lines.
· Secure and mobilize the required resources, both internally across functions and externally, to deliver solutions to customers.
· Lead and assist with complex sales negotiations, create and deliver sales presentations. Plans, produces and manages proposal and pricing development and client presentations and interaction.
· Identify risks and opportunities to the business in general, and as it applies to specific projects and initiatives.
· Participate in the development of the annual business plan and strategies to ensure attainment of company goals and profitability.
· Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential partners including, but not limited to: customers, partner companies, community leaders, utilities, and engineering firms. Ability to ask questions and understand the customer’s need (direct and indirectly stated) and match those with company offerings and solutions.
· Master and maintains detailed knowledge of the business, competition, and latest industry news and trends.
· Ensure tangible, practical and real value solutions are implemented.
· Facilitate the hand-off process on vetted ideas to Operations, working alongside through implementation.
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree