The Manager of Purchasing organizes and oversees the operation of the Purchasing department to ensure maximum cost effectiveness with respect to Company purchases and assets. Develop overall strategies for best sourcing solutions to support company’s needs in offering our customers high quality cost effective sourcing. He/she implements and maintains policies and procedures that provide best in class service and support. Maintains accurate records and conforms to Company reporting policies and procedures. He/She Agent is the prime interface between Vendors customers and suppliers for purchase transaction support including processing and dispatching purchase orders, resolving billing disputes and insuring customer satisfaction. He/She will be responsible in supplier negotiations, supplier performance and contract deployment.
· Procures all materials and services from authorized suppliers as required
· Plans, coordinates, and supervises operation of Construction Purchasing. Formulates and implements internal procedures required for efficient operation of Construction Purchasing, including coordinating and expediting work-flow from material requisition to procurement, emergency and sole source procurement, contract approval, and contract change orders.
· Coordinates product standardization efforts and monitors compliance with contracts.
· Identifies opportunities to improve operational and service reporting/bench marking and communication with customers, vendors and internal department.
· Coordinates in development and application of procurement systems for maximum use to control material and professional services procurement within Construction Purchasing.
· Attend customer project meetings representing Purchasing
· Requests price quotes/proposals. Negotiates best purchasing terms & conditions taking into account all customer requirements and existing supplier agreements
· Processes all purchase requisitions and issues purchase orders; expedites deliveries
· Assists customers in defining specifications and sourcing options.
· Continuously monitors effectiveness of operations of Construction Purchasing to meet department needs in accomplishment of their assigned functions. Compiles and prepares required reports.
· Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
· Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Maintains strict confidentiality as appropriate.
· Supervises professional and/or support staff.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Manages performance of contract suppliers.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred business-related field. 4-year degree minimum requirement.
· Experience in construction project work and/or commercial/institutional facilities support desired
· Having In-depth knowledge of procurement procedures
· Experience purchasing products, facilities support services and utilities desired
· Experience in working in a team environment
· Problem solving skills
· Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
· Proven customer service orientation and project management experience
· Well-developed PC skills especially with Microsoft Office suite. Experience with internet-based procurement systems (e.g., SciQuest, Ariba, etc.) is also desired but not required.