This is a Technical position responsible for the configuration, installation, operations, support, monitoring and optimization and security of the Company’s databases. This position requires 5+ years of experience in MS SQL Database administration. Develop a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas, memory leaks, long-running queries, resource usage monitoring.
- Strong database administration skills; 5+ years of experience working with MS SQL Database, Cloud Server setup
- SQL Server installation, upgrades, migrations, and configuration
- Establishes databases, users, roles, and permissions
- Initiate, monitor, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Configure and maintain mirroring
- Install database service packs and cumulative updates as necessary
- Create SQL jobs to automate tasks
- Manage releases and perform testing
- Experience with management of data warehousing environments
- Develop a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Proven experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Proven experience with backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) and clustering options for SQL Server.
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Certification is highly desired including but not limited to MCDBA.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, (2012 is a plus)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Technical documentation skills
- Experience with Azure and Amazon RDS
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
Note: This position requires excellent Written and oral English language skill please do not apply if you cannot understand / Speak English in American or Neutral accent