BACKGROUND: The BCDS Finance department seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to BCDS management by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles. JOB OVERVIEW The Payroll Officer is responsible for setting the strategy for delivering all aspects of payroll including the accurate and timely processing of multiple payrolls, providing support for payroll accounting and related regulatory reporting and meeting all compliance and filing requirements. The Payroll Officer must also lead and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to ensure the end-to-end payroll process is accurate, effective and efficient for all stakeholders. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of BCDS payroll
- Maintaining accurate and timely quarterly and annual tax information.
- Ensuring payrolls are executed accurately, timely and any adjustments are properly reviewed and recorded.
- Responsive to addressing staff and management on payroll related queries.
- Provide management with expertise in the areas of taxation, payroll requirements and reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal government regulations; keeping current with changes in government requirements.
- Review and recommend improvement to existing payroll procedures, updating documented payroll procedures as necessary. Design and implement best practices to improve efficiency of end-to-end payroll processes.
- Analyze payroll problems, which can sometimes be difficult to moderately complex, and provide appropriate resolutions
- Review monthly salary allocation/payroll journal entries.
- Liaison with Human Resources
- Prepare annual payroll reports for audit, insurance and other reporting as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Based at BCDS Islamabad Office, the Payroll Officer will report to the Manager Strategy, and will work closely with Human Resources and Information Technology. JOB REQUIREMENTS: Educational Requirements
- Bachelors Degree, in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Payroll certifications desirable
- Min. 2 years’ experience in payroll processing,
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to lead a direct and cross-functional team through significant change projects
- Strategic approach to design and delivery of operational work
- Strong process mind-set
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work accurately, pay attention to details, and consistently meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, a drive for accuracy and a strong work ethic
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be productive under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to be flexible and yet focused & reliable in an environment of frequently changing demands
- Proficient computer skills: MS Word, Excel, & Outlook