Mid-level Backend Developers at BearPlex are experienced engineers who contribute to their team in meaningful ways.
Candidates should be eager to contribute, take on new challenges, and mentor team members on complex projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for responsible, experienced developers seeking a technically diverse environment.
- Develop prototypes, web applications, and services
- Write performant code with high availability requirements
- Prioritize scalability, speed, and flexibility
- Collaborate with third-parties and stakeholders on technical problems and solutions
- Communicate well with fellow developers, designers, project managers, and product stakeholders
- Mentor and help grow more junior members of the development team
- Review code with an eye toward performance, reliability, readability and maintainability
- 2+ years experience as a professional web developer
- Strong understanding of and experience with the LAMP stack
- Deep understanding of OOP and PHP
- Experience with writing APIs, web services, and working with 3rd party platforms and libraries
- Experience with Git in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a positive attitude
- Experience with debugging complex systems
- Experience writing efficient MySQL queries
- Knowledge about working with caching layers such as Redis, Memcache
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Great attention to detail
Extra Credit skills:
- Knowledge of PSRs
- Laravel / Symfony experience
- Unit, functional and integration tests
- Zend framework experience
- Ability to read and modify FE code
- Static / Dynamic CMS experience
We look forward to welcoming you to the team at BearPlex!