Procurement Specialist - Import/HoD
This is a managerial role in procurement with additional duty of hands-on foreign purchases including its close monitoring till delivery at the company site. The incumbent will
(i) personally execute procurement of all imported goods.
(ii) supervise local purchases.
(iii) lead procurement team.
(iv) ensure well-structured and efficient procurement department.
(v) liaise with senior leadership to align strategies and approach.
The incumbent will:
• Develop and maintain structured and robust procurement process and related processes.
• Eliminate the slightest possibility of any proxy supplier.
• Ensure that the supplier market is well-reasearched and superior products are sourced competitively.
• Ensure compliance with international and Pakistani laws, regulations and practices related to imports.
• Provide regular progress reports to Management.
• Take feedback from internal customers and adjust accordingly.
• Provide guidance and training to team members with purchasing responsibilities.
Job Responsibilities as Procurement Specialist – Import
• With MRP (Material Requirement Planning) principles and practices, develop and manage import goods purchasing schedule; and related logistics.
• Liaise with associates located overseas, local agents and concerned authorities to ensure a smooth process of procurement, import, freight and delivery.
• Track and trace approvals and payments through banking system.
• Track and trace the whole procurement process.
• If needed, have cargo released through customs.
• Source multiple qualified suppliers according to internal requirements and external compliance regulations.
• Build and maintain professional relationships with suppliers.
• Create and maintain master data of all materials for ensuring quality and consistency.
Required skills and experience
• Minimum 5 years of solid experience in Supply Chain Management/Procurement.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and professionally with overseas suppliers.
• High level of integrity and dependability.
• Ability to act and operate as per Company requirements with minimum direction.
• Good knowledge of relevant regulations, procedures and compliance requirements.
• Sound understanding of principles of Procurement in publicly listed firms in the private sector.