The primary function of the Technical Writer is to research, develop and maintain web sites content and other business-related documents and pdfs which will maximize user product knowledge, uses and FAQS.
- Creates, develops, plans, writes, and edits, organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Write consistent, concise, easy-to-understand, plain language details of products and process.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit company flyer, pdfs, contracts.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Submit copies to manager and/or superiors for feedback.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Must be fast and productive (2000 words + per hour)
- Identify user needs, use cases, and metrics to get the most out of the content.
- Job is third Shift and Mon – Saturday.
- 2-5 years of experience doing technical writing and editing
- Extensive technical writing experience
- Ability to learn how signs work, quick research on web and YouTube. Quick understanding of my products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years’ experience in technical writing
Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Publisher and Painter required