We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it (such as Express, StrongLoop, etc depending on your technology stack)
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (such as Jade, EJS, etc depending on your technology stack)
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (such as Stylus, Less, etc depending on your technology stack)
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (Depending on the specific project)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests. Should have to know how to create project-related documents. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.