The Healthcare Operations Manager (HOM) will be serving in a leadership role to oversee all the operations conducted here at Buch International Hospital, Multan (BIH). The individual will be expected in their role to manage and supervise all sub-ordinates and engage in building a healthy and comfortable environment at the hospital. Added to that, we are expecting to hire an individual who is compassionate and reasonable in their leadership style displaying a non-discriminatory and a professional behaviour with all the employees and any external parties (such as patient visitors) that they come across.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The Healthcare Operations Manager (HOM) will be directly reporting to the COO. The duties of the HOM include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Manage the daily operations of the hospital incorporating excellent communication and leadership skills.
· Lead the operations staff in the preparation and effective implementation of the quarterly and annual budgets.
· Bridge gap between the operations department and other BIH units (for eg., between the doctors and department managers)
· Experienced in evaluating efficiency of current process and procedures currently implemented.
· Recommend any changes that might be benefiting BIH and improving its operating functionality.
· Knowledge of the different healthcare operations and resourceful on assisting in the completion of those tasks.
· Practice self-compliance of all relevant polices and advising the same for all staff, and supervising the operations dept (and other collaborating depts, such as Finance, Legal/ Governmental, HR and Admin) in concern to that.
· Report any concerning actions/ topics to the HR dept and ensuring steps taken.
· Familiar with the required healthcare rules and regulations in Pakistan, and a determination to learn additional relevant information.
· Excellent public speaking skills and ensure effective conveying of information.
· Detail oriented and qualified to review operations policy.
· Manage training sessions for staff, and conduct training sessions as required
· Conduct supervision of, and provide assistance to tasks conducted in other departments as assigned by COO and/ or other C-Suite Executive, such as but not limited to the HR department, Finance department, Legal/Governmental and Admin department
· Experience in preparing extensive schedules and carry out other clerical tasks as need be.
· Capable of displaying flexibility in work routine, and work longer in certain times of heavy work load
· Excellent decision making skills with proper judgement and/ or analysis conducted.
· Evaluate the plan and action strategies of all under lying departments
· Lead (and assist as required) in the financial model implementation at the hospital
· Present conflict management in the operations department and all other areas as required, including between clinical and non-clinical staff.
· Knowledge on legal/ governmental matters and relevant healthcare matters in Pakistan, and coordinating with the Hospital attorney for situations that need it.
· Provide analytical skills on the accounting and financial data.
· Research and work towards betterment and growth of the organization.
· Participate in maintaining an excellent reputation of the hospital.
· Ensure adhere to the operating budget for all corresponding departments.
· Partake in ensuring quality care being offered to patients. Steps concerning that can comprise of but are not limited to the following:
o Promoting Patient Right and Responsibilities and performing annual reviews in coordination to the Healthcare rules and regulations of Pakistan.
o Coordinating with the Medical Director for effective usage of emergency codes.
o Leading the Assistant Manager HR and providing guidance with licensure verification of the clinical staff hired
o Ensuring compliance with all patient-relevant policies and addressing to any patient or their family’s/ legal associates’ concerns
· Generate monthly reports for evaluation by the COO
· Performance of a variety of tasks as addressed by the COO/ C-Suite Executive.
· Academic Qualification: Master’s Degree required (MBA in Healthcare or others Masters in Healthcare highly preferred)
· Past Experience: Minimum of 7 years of professional experience, including at least 3 years of management experience and 3 years of experience directly related to Hospital Operations
· Excellent leadership skills
· Conflict management
· Highly skilled in communication (both verbal and nonverbal)
· Excellent Proficiency in English and Urdu
The hospital is designed to provide Quality Healthcare in a Safe, Comfortable and Welcoming environment, for the Patients and Staff. This project provides a golden opportunity to the medical professionals to be a part of a world class hospital.