APPLICANTS WITH LESS THAN 6 YEARS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE WILL BE PERMANENTLY BLACKLISTED WITHIN OUR SYSTEM FOR CONSIDERATION AGAINST ANY FUTURE OPENINGS.
A US based company is looking to expand its software development team in Islamabad, Pakistan. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer that is an expert in Android system and app development to join our team. This role is responsible for developing system software and user interfaces for commercial and consumer fitness machines equipped with a touchscreen running on Android.
Please note that this is not an ordinary Android Developer position. We are seeking an individual, who in addition to being well versed in Android SDK, wants to delve deeply into the internal workings of Android to help us customize Android ROMs at the AOSP level.
The Senior Software Engineer role will help you make a difference in people’s lives. The role demands hands-on coding throughout a project lifecycle. The role additionally works with members of other teams to help align tasks, schedules, and address any issues as they arise. This role will appeal to an individual who is driven by an innovative spirit, sees solutions where others see challenges.
- Design and implement fitness and media user experiences in Android
- Identify and capitalize on code re-use or integration opportunities
- Facilitate coding, unit-test, and peer review practices
- Directly contribute application code to support application features and updates
Experience and Skills
- 6+ years professional software development experience
- 4+ years experience with Java based Android app and system development
- Strong OOAD skills
- Linux and open source tools
- Familiarity with Git or other source control systems using command line
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with React.js or React Native would be a huge plus.
- Experience with Android NDK
- Experience with AOSP
- Experience with C++, Qt and QML
- Experience working with an embedded Linux operating systems