Who We Are?
Cadence Consultancy LTD (CADENCE) is a United Kingdom registered organisation delivering training, exercises and consultancy across Defence, multi-national and the Third Sector entities worldwide. Certified to ISO 9001 for Quality Management, CADENCE core skills include: exercise design, development, delivery, scenario & setting creation; synthetics & simulation; support to Information Technology/Information Management services; role-play and interpretation; subject matter expertise; and White Cell / Grey Cell role-played replication of agencies.
The CADENCE vision is to develop complex ‘scenario product’ which will challenge thinking, introduce friction, and prepare staff for ‘real-world’ eventualities - especially the challenges of disaster relief and hostile environment operations / projects. CADENCE has a loyal, specialist and niche group of scenario developers, modifiers and writers who provide up-to-date, accurate and informed content within the following areas: political, economic, social, technological, legal, environmental.
CADENCE has forged key links with both Non-Governmental Organisations and International Community entities. As a respected scenario development company, CADENCE enjoys a close relationship and liaison with NGO / International Organisations currently in the Field, our wider clients include: Street Child Nigeria (UNOCHA programme), Street Child Sierra Leone, Street Child Liberia, Children in Crisis Afghanistan, CARE International (NGO), UK MED (sponsored by Department for International Development). CADENCE recognizes that scenario development must focus on the 3 P’s: the Process, the Product and the People. CADENCE is able to add value in the fusion of these critical elements and achieve ‘more with less’ in an era of fiscal constraint.
CADENCE is embarking on a major programme of transformation and expansion. This expansion is focused on support to our Scenario Development / Modification teams and a major increase in Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to support: research, think-tank discussions and scripting efforts. As part of this expansion, CADENCE are increasing their ‘pool’ of SMEs in order to provide niche scenario development to support Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) operating in: North Africa, West Africa, Afghanistan, Pakistan. Furthermore, CADENCE are keen to increase their current ‘knowledge pool’ within the areas of: Risk Management, Crisis Response Planning, Resilience Planning – key aspects that we wish to develop within our scenario-based Table Top Exercises.
Scope of Work.
CADENCE are in the process of developing a new line of scenario products in order to support future training courses focused on The Third Sector (NGOs, Charity). Whilst Training Objectives / Enabling Objectives have not been formalised at this time, it is expected that the focus of the scenario-based simulation training will be on crisis management, risk management and crisis response planning. The Training Audience will be made up of staff, consultants and sector-specific professionals who are due to deploy to hostile areas worldwide – in particular, North Africa, West Africa, Afghanistan / Pakistan.
Working in support of the CADENCE Scenario Development / Modification Team, the successful SME consultant will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise to the development, integration and synchronization of political, defence, economic, social, information, risk, crisis response & management, and infrastructure elements within the scenario.
Key tasks include:
1. Work collaboratively with the CADENCE Scenario Team to establish scenario parameters;
2. Provide subject-matter expertise in any of the following areas: political, defence, economic, social, information, risk, crisis response & management, infrastructure;
3. Assist the CADENCE Scenario Team to ensure Training Objectives / Enabling Objectives are covered through the scenario product, and achieved during the exercise;
4. Assist in the preparation and execution of Table Top Exercises, Think-Tank discussions and Panel Discussions prior to / during exercises;
5. Note: the duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed by a Subject Matter Expert consultant – it should be noted that other subject-related duties may be required as part of the role.
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding in one / more of the following subject-matter areas: political, defence, economic, social, information, risk, crisis response & management, infrastructure;
2. Experience in senior level policy-making – contributing to policy development within Corporate, Governmental or International Organisations at the highest level;
3. Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of current global issues so that real-time elements can be integrated into scenario documentation;
4. Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of scenario-specific regions (North Africa, West Africa, Afghanistan / Pakistan) so that real-time elements can be integrated into scenario documentation;
5. Experience of working with / in-support of Non-Governmental Organisations / International Organisations as part of a humanitarian / emergency response;
6. Ability to impart knowledge to a Training Audience as part of a Think-Tank, Panel Discussion, Role-Played activities;
7. Ability to work as part of a ‘remote team’ as part of wider scenario development.
1. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
2. Language Skills. All scenario product development, exercising, planning will be conducted in English.
3. Education: Educated to University level: Masters level.
Selection Process. The selection process will follow a 2-stage approach:
1. Submission / review of CVs / Resumes;
2. Interview conducted via SKYPE;
These roles will not be full-time but will follow a standard consultancy model: day rate, accommodation, travel, per-diem. The day rate will form part of the conversation at stage 2 above.
Interested parties should submit an up to date CV / Resume and covering letter detailing why they believe they may fit the role.