Marketing Communications Manager, Pakistan
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
What it’s about
Cambridge Assessment International Education is looking to appoint a dynamic and results-oriented individual as our regional Communications Manager for Pakistan. The role will provide a wide variety of communication support to our team in the region to build and maintain awareness of our work.
You will need to plan and deliver activities, primarily marketing campaigns, events and PR, which enhances the reputation of and demand for Cambridge Assessment International Education among its stakeholders as a trusted education partner to deliver international programmes and qualifications for 5-19 year olds.
You will be supported by our Communications team in Cambridge, UK, whilst reporting directly to the Country Director in Islamabad and working closely with the country team to develop our communications programme. Events and communications programmes take place across the region throughout the year and are targeted at a wide range of stakeholders.
The role will also be responsible for managing and organising our events programme, as well as developing relationships with media, working as first point of contact for journalists. It will involve regular writing of our communications including press releases, invitations and web articles, and the ability to use different communications channels to raise awareness of our events and initiatives. What you’ll be doing
- Evaluate marketing and communications opportunities in Pakistan in accordance with strategies agreed to with the Country Director and Head of Marketing Communications.
- Develop an effective marketing communications mix, evaluating and shaping our use of and investment in different channels to get the best outcomes and value for money.
- Localise global marketing campaigns for lead countries to school principals, publicising events, relevant social media.
- Support the Schools Development team in Pakistan by gaining any necessary approval for and delivering on requests for marketing communications in lead and key countries. Ensure that all materials are quality assured according to our guidelines and are visible to the Head of Marketing Communications in Cambridge.
- Promote marketing events for Cambridge International Examinations in the region – e.g. Learn Mores, Principals Forums, conferences, award ceremonies – to the target audience.
- Maintain an influencer contact database among the media, education experts and school leaders.
- Manage any outsourced suppliers e.g. local printers, photographers, and venue managers.
- Coordinate creation and approval of speaker presentations. Manage material orders to support events (e.g. stands, brochures).
- Manage publisher involvement in events; support other staff working on the event and the attendee feedback process.
Communications and media relations
- Develop and coordinate communications activity in Pakistan, to communicate what we do effectively to a broad audience and manage our reputation effectively.
- Act as first point of contact for local communications agency in Pakistan. Work with them in crafting messages that position us effectively and raise awareness and understanding of our qualifications, services and events.
- Manage and develop relations with the media in Pakistan, working as first point of contact for those media and advising colleagues on media targeting. Draft press releases and news items, setting our global key messages and themes in the context of those countries, liaising with colleagues in the region and the Head of Marketing Communications in Cambridge. Brief and coordinate interviews of Cambridge staff who speak to the media.
- Alert Head of Marketing Communications and Regional Director to coverage of sensitive issues. Advise them and other senior staff on how we respond.
- Monitor media coverage and provide weekly reports.
- Brand management
- Work with schools to manage use of the Cambridge brand.
- Support schools in their marketing efforts to parents and learners. Work with schools to develop an effective narrative that positions Cambridge effectively in Pakistan.
- Develop appropriate communications materials for Pakistan that help schools and their communications staff to get our message across.
- Working with key stakeholders
- Work closely with key stakeholders (e.g. the British Council, leading schools) to ensure marketing communication plans and activities are joined up. Deliver integrated communications to manage Cambridge brand in Pakistan, and raise awareness among key audiences.
- Marketing projects support
- Undertake marketing activity on behalf of the wider Marketing Communications team. This may include: creation of new marketing materials, CRM regional marketing good practice.
- Promote worldwide marketing activity which affects the region - for example, the Cambridge Schools Conference.
- Support the programme events by developing and delivering a rolling events programme which complements delivery of media relations and social media activities in our Lead and Key markets as per our strategic framework.
- Agree target audience for each event, create communications plans, delegate lists and send invitations. Contribute towards development of agendas for events.
- Source venues and support event delivery for Cambridge events with venue logistics on event day (e.g. hosting, catering, AV). Manage online live streaming activity (as appropriate).
What we’re looking for
The role will also be responsible for managing and organising our events programme, so you will need strong organisational skills and an excellent understanding of what makes a successful event. You will need a good understanding of the media and be adept at handling media enquiries. Ideally, you will be able to draw on a good understanding of the education sector.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A first degree in a related field – business/marketing, communications, journalism, English or equivalent. Ideally a professional qualification, or second degree focusing on marketing communications.
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Urdu with the ability to produce accurate, persuasive copy of a high standard.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues simply and accurately to the media.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with senior managers.
• Excellent collaborative skills for the creation of events with small resource.
• Excellent event management skill.
• Excellent media handling skills.
• Excellent campaign management skills.
• Familiarised and experienced in social media tools namely Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Good understanding of issues in translation.
• Good negotiation and influencing skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to identify key issues at play in our work and develop relevant messaging.
• Ability to write clear action plans and implement them.
• Knowledge of webinar platforms preferred.
• Proven track record in communications and/or stakeholder engagement.
• Proven track record in media handling.
• Proven track record in event management.
• Understanding of the education market in Pakistan and an international outlook.
• Understanding of Cambridge programmes and qualifications.
• Proven track record in public relations or marketing but also incorporating the wider communications skills that lead to events being successful, ideally undertaken in a similar sized environment.
• Self-starting attitude and ability to work under own direction.
• Creative and resourceful approach to event management
• Collaborative and cooperative style with colleagues in different offices and approaching the work from different perspectives.
• Flexibility in the face of emerging and changing requirements.
• Tenacity to push projects through approval and completion.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you. The closing date for receipt of applications is 18 February 2018 and interviews will be held on 15 and 16 March 2018. .
To apply please upload CV and covering letter
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert. As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.