CARE International in Pakistan (CIP) is humanitarian agency, implementing emergency response programme in return areas of FATA agencies. CARE requires Gynecologist to support the implementation of health project in North Waziristan Agency, FATA. The incumbent will be responsible for overall management of obstetric care related to pregnancy, childbirth, and the female reproductive system. Treat and counsel women throughout their pregnancy and deliver babies. Responsible for diagnosing and treating health issues specific to women, such as breast cancer, cervical cancer, hormonal disorders and symptoms related to menopause. The position requires highly qualified personnel with medical and technical knowledge of child birth related issues, management of complex obstetric cases, proper counseling of mothers and post-natal care.
Gynecologist will be based in North Waziristan Agency to deliver key important roles and deliverables mentioned below:
· Execute tasks concerned with both pregnancy as well as female reproductive systems
· Educate their patients about important matters such as healthy diet, proper hygiene, and how to preclude complications during pregnancy.
· Prepare appropriate government and medical reports of childbirth and death study, medical test results, diagnoses, and take suitable steps for treatment.
· Take care of the patient's health throughout prenatal, natal, as well as post-natal period. Discuss test results, any complications and appropriate treatment with the patient in detail.
· Carry out cesarean or surgical operations keeping in mind the health of both the baby and mother.
· Prescribe or administer therapy, medication and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury.
· Obstetricians will assist the delivery of new babies
· Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
· Ins truct the mother about what to do and will help her manage the pain associated with childbirth.
· Monitor new moms for complications both medical and emotional and will recommend care and treatment as needed
· Carry out any other responsibilities as requested by the supervisor
This position is field bases and require regular visits to target communities or BHUs.
Qualifications and Experience
TECHNICAL SKILLS (Desired)
§ Strong Verbal/Written communication skills in Pushto and English.
§ Must be aware and sensitive to the culture, norms and values of FATA.
§ Ability to solve problemes and work independently in field.
§ Strong personal, organizational and time management skills with the capacity to adapt to a changing environment and work under tight deadlines.
§ Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
§ Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations
§ Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into public health promotion
§ Excellent management and capacity building skills to enable the motivation, encouragement, participation and development of team members
Respect, accountability, communication with impact, collaboration, initiating action, innovation, information monitoring, integrity, interpersonal kills, planning and organizing.
Should speak and understand Pushtu of North Waziristan agency and South KP.
Applicants only from NWA, Frontier Region, FATA shall be called for Interview.
CARE International's office in Pakistan was formally set up in June 2005. Based on the findings of an assessment conducted by CARE International in 2002, it was decided that CARE Pakistan should commence operations in Sindh, Baluchistan and Punjab in the following key areas: - Gender Concerns and i ...Read More