CARE International in Pakistan (CIP) is humanitarian agency, implementing emergency response programme in return areas of FATA agencies. CARE requires Lady Health Worker to support the implementation of health project in North Waziristan Agency, FATA. The incumbent will be responsible for provision of health education, screening of target group, reporting and follow up of complex cases.
The Lady Health Worker will be based in North Waziristan Agency and ensures the consistent high quality community mobilization services under RAPID funded project.
Technical: % of Time: 65%
Coordination and Representation: % of Time: 35%
Lady Health Worker position is purely field based and require regular field visit to target communities.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Matriculate, FA or a related subject or qualified nurse.
2. 1-2 years’ experience in health and hygiene promotion.
3. Minimum 2-3 years’ professional working experience with an NGO associated to Emergency, Health activities. Experience in health / health and hygiene promotion in emergency projects is desirable.
4. Excellent knowledge and conceptual understanding of community mobilization and health programing.
5. Experience in conflict resolution and consensus based decision making. The position will be required to travel to all project areas and willingness to work under difficult life conditions
6. Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
7. Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
TECHNICAL SKILLS (Desired)
1. Excellent knowledge/experience of community mobilization in Health emergency projects.
2. Strong Communication skills in Pushto/Urdu.
3. Must be aware and sensitive to the culture, norms and values of FATA.
4. Ability to solve problemes and work independently in field.
5. Strong personal, organizational and time management skills with the capacity to adapt to a changing environment and work under tight deadlines.
6. Strong skills in networking, building relationships and liaison with stakeholders.
7. Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
8. Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations
9. Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into public health promotion
Respect, accountability, communication with impact, collaboration, initiating action, innovation, information monitoring, integrity, interpersonal kills, planning and organizing.
Should speak and understand Pushtu of North Waziristan agency and South KP.
Applicants only from NWA, Frontier Region, FATA shall be called for Interview.
CARE International's office in Pakistan was formally set up in June 2005. Based on the findings of an assessment conducted by CARE International in 2002, it was decided that CARE Pakistan should commence operations in Sindh, Baluchistan and Punjab in the following key areas: - Gender Concerns and i ...Read More