Under the supervision of Project Manager, the Project Officer Private Sector (PS) will make sure proper implementation of AGES (Advancing Girls Education and Skills) Project. The project will be implemented in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and will be implemented in two cities namely Lahore and Karachi. The incumbent will be responsible for engagement with private sector to ensure quality of the project through regular visits to the field. The project officer PS will be coordinating with Private sector technical training institutes for any required liaison. The PS officer will be a mentor for the private sector institutes and will conduct regular trainings from time to time. While mentoring the project team the officer will be conducting follow-up visits. The project officer will also oversee the project activities conducted by institutes in Lahore and Karachi.
II. KEY RESPONSBILITIES:
Under the supervision of Project Manager below are key highlights of project officer role;
- Develop the working plan for private sector partners for vocational training in collaboration with the line manager;
- Create and establish linkages to private sector in for AGES interventions especially relating to vocational training and job placements etc.
- Keep a track of project activities to make sure that all the implementation is in line with project work plan;
- Develop key strategies and SOPs for program and partner/consortium team for job placement strategies for the graduate trainees in collaboration with the private sector institute.
- Development of selection criteria and term of reference for student selection and enrolment.
- Make sure the project staff are following the methodology of program implementation agreed upon and achieving the indicators set under the parameters set by project documents;
- Conduct field visits periodically to assess progress toward achieving objectives, ensure program compliance and effective implementation according to work plans and timely providing recommendations for improvement;
- Apply/introduce innovative approaches and good practice to build the capacity of project team, and stakeholders on education related topics;
- Working with private partner staff, teachers and students in fostering their capacity through an encouraging and positive learning process
- Development & implementation of strategies for gender, protection and training and orientation of project staff;
- Work out innovative ways to promote formal and informal learning at various levels with private sector;
- Conducting the monitoring and evaluation of Program activities, to learn and assess program inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact.
- Participate in monthly/quarterly review meeting, After Activity Reviews (AAR), evaluations to be conducted internally or externally as and when required;
- Develop and prepare timely reports of all project activities, donor reports as well as field visit reports
- Preparation of project presentations as and when required.
- Development and collection of success stories and case studies as well as human interest stories from field
- Review of partner reports before submission to project manager
- Attending meetings with relevant stakeholders as and when required
- Any other task assigned by the project manger
Key Internal Contacts
Education Advisor, Project Manager and partner and consortium staff in the field
III. CRITICAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Excellent working knowledge of technical and vocational education programming and engagement with private sector, principles and practical implementation.
2. Knowledge of existing good practice and current issues in private sector institutes in urban setting.
3. Proven experience in technical and vocational education projects, market linkages and job placement especially with private sector and programs developed for adolescent girls.
4. Excellent report writing and presentation skills
5. Fluency in written and spoken English is highly desirable.
· Master Degree preferably business administration, social sciences / development studies/ statistics.
· Demonstrated 4-5 years of relevant experience preferably with INGO/NGO
· Pro-active, persuasive, ability to work under stress.
· Sufficient experience with private sector, technical and vocational education related trainings, field monitoring and report writing.
· Assessment, analytical and planning skills
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player
· Fluency in written and spoken English, Pashtu.
· Strong computer/internet usage skills