Production managers are responsible for the technical management, supervision and control of industrial production processes.
Knowdelege in Food manufacturing and Kitchen processing.
Production managers will ensure that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- planning and organising production schedules
- assessing project and resource requirements
- estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with clients and managers
- ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- determining quality control standards
- overseeing production processes
- re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary
- selecting, ordering and purchasing materials
- organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- liaising with buyers and marketing and sales staff
- supervising the work of junior staff