A quality assurance officer is responsible for administering audit of the goods or products which have already been checked for quality.
Specific duties for quality assurance officer position include
- visiting manufacturing plants, collecting samples from the goods produced and labeling them,
- performing quality check on the various samples collected,
- noting down observations taken from various samples,
- giving quality ratings for samples checked, preparing quality assurance reports for the use of management,
- giving feedbacks to workers,
- advising the machining operators and workers to adopt improved manufacturing practices, and guiding quality control executives on quality checking techniques.
- Quality assurance officer will typically reports to a quality assurance manager.
- He should have an associate's degree or a bachelor's degree.
- Several years of experience working in a quality control environment is essential for a quality assurance officer role.
- Strong knowledge of various manufacturing techniques and quality control techniques is essential.