1) Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
2) Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
3) Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
4) Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone.5) Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
6) Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
7) Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or nonpayable checks, or to return merchandise.8) Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
09) Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
10) Negotiate credit extensions when necessary.
11) Trace delinquent customers to new addresses through verious skip tracing tools,