The SQA Engineer plays a significant role in the quality of the applications and is responsible for QA activities, test case creation, analysis and tasks necessary for measuring and evaluating product quality and performance. The individual in this role will interact with the development teams involved in project planning, development, and testing.
- Bachelor's Degree - Master's Degree in CS
- Should have experience in web and desktop applications testing.
- To be actively involved with the testing and validation of the software.
- Participate in requirement elicitation and impact analysis of new requirement or change requests.
- Review requirement specification documents and software design specification documents and develop a comprehensive understanding of testing requirements.
- Test cases and test data creation against business needs.
- Test plans and test reports creation.
- Boundary value analysis & equivalence partitioning.
- Identify bug sources and introduce steps to reproduce and report bugs in bug management tools with its proper build version.
- Bug tracking and resolution via bug tracking software (JIRA, Bugzilla, PivotalTracker, Redmine etc).
- Should have knowledge of following testing types: -Black box -White box -Grey box -Functional –Regression- Cross Browsers and Platforms Testing -Smoke -Security -GUI -Usability -Performance -Compatibility -Integration -System -Ad-hoc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good communication skills with Team members to streamline the execution of test plans and processes with them.
- Sound knowledge of SDLC.
- Must be familiar with SQL queries and have trouble shooting skills.
- Must be familiar with Agile methodology.
- Good planning, organization and task management skills.
- Self-driven and ability to work independently and interact with project teams.
- Requirements Analysis.
- Test Design phase execution.
- Ensure the quality of major software releases and patch builds through manual testing.
- Test automation for regression testing.
- Ensure testing is on schedule and in line with the processes.
- Assist in the creation, execution and maintenance of test cases.
- Learn products, processes, technology and apply that knowledge in a productive manner to ensure quality testing of new software releases and support in diagnostics of site issues.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Participate in all phases of the software development process, from design through production.
Additional Advantage Skills
Following skills will be an added advantage:
- Experienced in SecurityPenetration testing.
- Experienced with automation tools like Selenium Web Driver, and QTP etc; using a scripting language.
- Good command over performance testing for web based applications using any of the tools like JMeter, LoadRunner SilkPerformer.