The Center for Development and Evaluation is looking for a
Qualitative Research Manager based in Islamabad.
The Centre for Development and Evaluation (C4DE) Pakistan was established in January 2015 as a private limited firm. C4DE’s core business include quantitative and qualitative research, training and capacity building, data collection, data analysis, third-party monitoring, and impact evaluation. The research manager hired under this advertisement would primarily support automation of processes related to data collection and analysis. Full responsibilities are outlined below.
As Research Manager for qualitative research methods, you will be involved in managing and conducting qualitative data collection as well as data analysis for the projects, carrying out in low- and middle-income countries. You will be working in close collaboration with a multinational team of qualitative researchers and quantitative impact evaluators on projects taking place in low- and middle-income countries. Your tasks would include:
- Planning and managing qualitative data collection under the supervision of technical lead.
- Supporting the development of qualitative research instruments (for instance, interview and focus group topic guides) for use in evaluation studies.
- Conducting and/or supervising qualitative data collection, for instance, through key informant interviews, focus groups, in depth interviews and observations
- Delivering training sessions on qualitative research methods
- Analysing qualitative data (e.g. coding and analysing interviews)
- Preparing policy briefs, reports, and literature reviews
- Contributing to applications for projects and grants
- Project management which will include time management as well as managing external consultants
- Supporting projects in Pakistan directly and also other international projects remotely.
- You have a graduate or postgraduate degree in public health, social sciences (e.g. anthropology, sociology, psychology), international development or a related field, with extensive training and experience in qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of issues in development (e.g. child labour, education, inclusive development, gender equality, health and development, poverty, agriculture) is desirable.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and experience with report writing, literature reviews and background research.
- You have experience conducting qualitative research in the field
- You have experience in transcribing and coding interviews
- You are detail-oriented, adept at multitasking, meet deadlines and can work under pressure
- While you will be working in a team, you are also able to work independently
- You enjoy interacting with a wide range of individuals ranging from researchers to donors and local partners, and you are able to maintain good collaborations.
- Experience with working in development or evaluation projects is desirable.
- Knowledge of software used for qualitative analysis (e.g. MAXQDA, NVivo) is required and familiarity with statistics is desirable.
- Research experience and knowledge of local languages within KP and GB is an asset.
- You are willing and able to travel occasionally for field research and supervision.