Research Assistants for an Evidence Gap Map and a Systematic Review of Transformational Change
The Center for Development and Evaluation (C4DE) is looking for a full-time research assistant to provide support for a project that aims to map and analyze recent quantitative evidence of the contributors to and determinants of transformational change in the energy and public health sectors in response to challenges posed by the climate change.
The project focuses on recent studies with evidence from low and middle-income countries.
- Finding articles, books, and other relevant published and unpublished literature
- Title, abstract, and keyword screening of the selected studies
- Full text screening and tagging of the selected studies according to predefined attributes
- Data extraction and quality appraisal of the selected studies
- Filling in screening forms and data extraction forms
- You are a graduate (preferably Master) with a focus on quantitative methods.
- You have a background in statistics, econometrics or impact evaluation and thereby possess solid knowledge of a wide range of statistical methods used in applied research, in particular experimental and quasi-experimental methods (theoretical knowledge of distinct characteristics of different methods is crucial, practical data analysis skills are not required).
- You are enthusiastic and motivated to learn on the job.
- You are fluent in English (in reading and writing), have excellent fast reading skills, and are able to interpret accurately relevant information from academic texts in English from a diverse range of fields.
- Prior experience with systematic reviews and studies in public health and energy is a strong advantage.
- You are motivated to work according to high quality research standards for extended periods of time in full concentration.
- You feel comfortable working independently and communicating in teams.
- You could start working full-time as soon as possible and are available for 7 months (from March to September 2020).
- You will work with a team of experienced researchers and project managers based in Pakistan and abroad and gain hands-on experience in a highly relevant project run by a vibrant research institute in international development.
- We are very much looking forward to receiving your applications.
- Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
- The selection of shortlisted candidates at the second stage of the selection process will be based on the results of a half-day test.