CFA Society Pakistan, a member society of CFA Institute with an aim to lead the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society, is looking for qualified candidates to apply for the position of Associate Executive Director.
The Associate Executive Director will provide direct operational and administrative support to the Society Board of Directors, with a view to developing the Society’s capacity to deliver an enhanced and professional service to its members. This position will work closely with regional (Hong Kong) and global (USA) colleagues to support the pursuit of aligned objectives, the delivery of the CFA Society Pakistan mission and strategy, and collaboration between other societies and/or with CFA Institute.
This position is accountable for the efficient and timely execution of a range of administrative and operational tasks, including streamlining and improving processes, coordinating communications, and conducting member recruitment and retention activities as directed.
Functions may vary depending on the specific requirements of the society:
Administration executive services
• Handle and manage all enquiries
• Manage promotional communications for events (webpage and invite emails), registrations and post event surveys. Example of events include the Charter Award Ceremony, the university outreach events, the Research Challenge, etc.
• Manage contact database
• Support the President, the Board and the Committee in all administrative duties, which include responding to emails, checking for membership applications for approval, maintaining a regular income & payment register, prepare vouchers for payments, maintain and update event calendar regularly. Especially Assist President & Treasurer with day to day tasks;
• Assist the composition of strategic business plan of CFA Society Pakistan
• Maintain all documents and records of CFA Society Pakistan and manage Database as required
• Coordinate itineraries for visiting officials and all travel requirement of Committee members pertaining to CFA Events abroad
• Assist in the regulatory filings including the updated member list post Annual General Meeting to Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
Planning and Processes
• Manage event management system
• Maintain events calendar
• Manage communications schedule
• Website content management
• Email management: creation of professional looking templates including links to website, webpages, documents and social media (where applicable) and cross promotion
• Board areas development and management
• Social media
Project management services
• Support CFA Institute Research Challenge management (emails, registrations and follow up)
• Support organisation, management and execution of special events: Charter Award Ceremonies, Forecast Dinners, and Anniversary Celebration.
• Manage design and production of event brochure and marketing materials
• Negotiate rates
The chosen staff will be required occasional travel to attend the Annual Asia-Pacific Society Executives Meeting in Hong Kong in June/July of every year, the Asia-Pacific Regional Meeting in October of every year and other occasional CFA meetings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· 3 years’ experience of working in a senior administrative role
· Experience of events management necessary
· Experience of association / society management useful
· Fluency in English and Urdu required and must be excellent with communication
· Must demonstrate outstanding stewardship and relationship building/management skills to expand the mission of CFA Society Pakistan
· Knowledge and experience of financial markets and issues is preferred
· Global cultural orientation and working experience
· Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
· Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
· Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
· Experience in project management, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery
· Very high level of organizational and time management skills
· Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
· Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills
· Full time in the office
Some regional and global travel will be required; approximately 5 to 10 percent of the time.
Should be willing to travel abroad and work late hours if required and be available to attend calls at all times if necessary.
This job description is a summary of job requirements and duties and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all areas of responsibilities.