1. Determine appropriate equipment and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
2. Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
3. Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
4. Ensure availability of stock and maintain optimum stock levels at all regions.
5. Periodic reports preparation for management regarding supply chain activities.