· Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the plans and specifications and Quality Standards and according to best HSE and implementations.
· Enforce all quality control procedures on site.
· Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day.
· Interface with the public, site incharge/project Manager especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
· Coordinate with the Contractor’s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
· Coordinate with the Laboratory Technician and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
· Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
· Report to the Engineer any failure of the Contractor to conform to plans and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
· Process the request to check work forms and maintain records of their status.
· Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-build plans.
· Maintain detailed records of work performed by the Contractor on a day works basis.
· Make special notes and document the Contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
· Be fair and firm in dealings with the Contractor. Consider alternatives and consequences carefully before making decisions.
· Issue instructions to the Foreman in Charge of the work and do not argue with the Contractor or his representatives.
· Notify the Assistant Resident Engineer of conditions that render it impractical or unreasonable to enforce the specifications.
· Report and document any accident that occurs on site and notify the Assistant Resident Engineer immediately.
· Verifying bill of quantity/bills submitted by sub-contractor with reference to site work progress.
· Coordinate between different drawings and foresee any incoordination to avoid future project work delays.
· Notify the resident engineer, consultant of the drawing’s miscordination and make corrections in drawings from Consultant.
· Make a proper record of meetings conducted at the sites and do follow ups on decisions made in meeting.
· Maintain record in sketch/written form of any instructions given directly on site for future references and to avoid future confusions.
Qualifications & Experience;
· Bachelors of Civil Engineering degree from a recognized University with Professional qualification carrying valid Professional membership of PEC and/or International equivalent membership
· Minimum  years of relevant foreign and local work experience in administrating, monitoring and Supervising QA/QC Processes and materials management of Complex High Rise Building projects and infrastructure and utilities projects of Master Planned Communities.
Key tasks of the job include:
Managing construction projects.
Overseeing building work.
Setting out sites and organizing facilities.
Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
Supervising contracted staff.
Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales.
Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager.
Providing technical advice and solving problems on site.
Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork.
Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials.
Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
Chapal Builders was formed 40 years ago. Today Chapal Builders is a building and development empire with a rich history of excellence and market leadership. We have strong foundation in the construction business. After so many years and a huge number of projects under our belt, we have a reputation ...Read More