The company has oracle ERP integrated Supply Chain management software installed. The Manager of supply chain organizes and oversees the operation of the Purchasing department to ensure maximum cost effectiveness with respect to Company purchases and assets. Develop overall strategies for best sourcing solutions. He would implement and maintains policies and procedures that provide in class service and support. Maintains accurate records and conforms to Company reporting policies and procedures. He will be responsible in supplier negotiations, supplier performance and contract deployment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Procures all materials and services from authorized suppliers as required
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises operation of Construction Purchasing.
- Analyze and correct the current work-flow from material requisition to procurement,
- Coordinates product standardization efforts and monitors compliance with contracts.
- Identifies opportunities to improve operational and service reporting/bench marking and communication with customers, vendors and internal department.
- Coordinates with in-house team in development and application of procurement systems for maximum use to control material and professional services procurement within Construction Purchasing.
- Attend customer project meetings representing Purchasing
- Requests price quotes/proposals. Negotiates best purchasing terms & conditions taking into account all customer requirements and existing supplier agreements
- Processes all purchase requisitions and issues purchase orders; expedites deliveries
- Continuously monitors effectiveness of operations of Construction Purchasing to meet department needs in accomplishment of their assigned functions. Compiles and prepares required reports.
- Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient.
- Maintains strict confidentiality as appropriate.
- Supervises professional and/or support staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages performance of contract suppliers.