We’re looking for a super-smart, moderately* fun human with good judgment and tech experience to join as Chief Executive Officer of a medium-sized Software company.
· Operational leadership. Make sure everyone understands the problems we’re trying to solve and why they matter. Help us develop the right goals, the right metrics (not too many!), the right meetings and communication flows, and the right culture to support a low-stress, highly effective organization.
· Business development and strategy. Identify new business growth opportunities through external interactions. Directly supervises and mentors all business development personnel, creating a cohesive internal process for all sales activities.
· Service delivery. Work with our development teams to ensure customers are getting ROI and significant delight, starting with the first sales call and continuing over years-long relationships. Develop qualitative and quantitative metrics to track the same. Over time, develop, and test new service offerings.
· People management. Manage a team of direct reports, making sure everyone has the support they need and opportunities for continued development. Help your reports develop as managers themselves. Periodically revisit our org chart structure. Help us recruit and hire great people.
We’re looking for 10+ years of work experience in a Software Company, with some portion covering each of the following bullets:
· Leadership. You’ve led a business unit at a medium-to-large organization or worked as a co-founder, COO, or in a similar leadership role somewhere smaller.
· Technology. You’ve worked with first-rate product engineering and CX teams, ideally at a modern B2B technology company.
What we’re looking for
· General smarts. You get to the bottom of issues—through reading, research, analysis, talking to people, following leads—and come back with key insights. You bring clarity of thought to whatever you’re working on. You’re an excellent writer.
· Gets stuff done. You excel at getting stuff done: forcing trade-offs, navigating around obstacles, overcoming inertia. You run great meetings, and more generally design organizational processes that are both efficient and human.
· Nice; inspiring. You’re an excellent listener. You’re deeply committed to the well-being and development of coworkers. People want to work with you and want to earn your respect. You have a track record of hiring and retaining great talent.
· High standards. You can’t help but care about the details: email text, website copy, where the button goes. You’re judicious about when and how to intervene, but you’ll find ways to push on quality across the org.
Along with basic salary, a significant equity contribution is part of the package.
Working with us
· Join a medium-sized team of people (currently, there are 50+ of us) who love what we do and continually strive to delight our customers.
· Help us build a company culture that's friendly, respectful, and encourages continual learning.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.