Umer and Son's is one of the fastest growing HVAC services provider headquartered in Karachi having a portfolio of large and small scale organizations with a history of quality services. Umer and Sons are looking for a young, energetic and talented individual for the position of Chiller Technician to nurture his career path while helping the company to achieve its long-term objectives. Job specifications are as follows;
JOB SUMMARY: Reports to a designated supervisor or manager. Guidance procedures are well defined, work instructions are specific and little or no supervision is required. Assists other technicians with completion of facilities service work requests as they are received. Work is typically of a complex nature and requires creative solutions. Performs duties at the advanced level with little or no supervision. Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to all kind of complaints related to chiller unit.
- Completes major repairs and in-depth preventative maintenance as well as other facility maintenance services as may be assigned.
- Interprets compliance requirements and ensures standardization of work.
- Identifies opportunities for process/system improvements and implements them as they are approved.
- Takes and logs readings from critical equipment and takes appropriate corrective actions before system outage occurs.
- Interprets blueprints and schematic drawings or oral/written instructions to assure completion of work to plan in commercial building maintenance operations.
- Uses tools and equipment that are sophisticated in nature, and need to be kept in a calibrated or adjusted state.
- Trains technicians in the latest state of the art techniques, and prepares them for increased responsibility.
- Keeps tools and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Uses required personal protective equipment while satisfying all work requests.
- Observes and complies with all company safety policies.
- Completes all required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Serves as primary technical resource in area of expertise.
- Works on and completes all facility team-based goals.
COACHING AND TRAINING:
- By example, fosters and develops improvements in functional processes and procedures.
- Using trade career paths, strengthens own skills and urges subordinates to improve their capabilities via training and advanced education.
- Ability to follow specific directions, performs a changing variety of duties, repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure and work within precise limits and standards of numerical accuracy.
- Has excellent attitude and work ethic.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance.
- Performs as a self-managed individual.
- Willingness to continue education and grow personally and professionally with the company.
- Seven (7) years of progressively increased responsibilities and diverse experience in a defined craft.
- Seven (7) years of direct experience in the operations and maintenance of facility systems.
- Stable work history showing responsibility and professional growth.
- Strong understanding of preventative and predictive maintenance (PM) tasks with the ability to document PM tasking and frequency changes.
- Has basic knowledge of construction processes and techniques.
JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Two (2) year technical degree or equivalent work experience, and/or professional experience desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate on multiple levels.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Current Universal Refrigeration License and/or other positional licenses as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 40 kilogram in the work environment and carry it 50 meters.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in a stressful or emergency situation that arises at the work site.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
- Works mainly indoors but can be exposed to temperature extremes and other weather conditions when working outdoors.
All responsibilities contained in this Job Description represent only the essential functions of the job. This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Physical capabilities are subject to testing and some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves and other employees.