Restaurant Manager plays important role in the operations of the restaurant. A hands-on person who has the overall responsibility for directing daily operations of the restaurant, ensuring compliance with but not restricted to, company standards, policies and procedures, in areas such as good ambience, hospitable environment of the restaurant, pleasant customer-relations, good restaurant maintenance, excellent team management, recruitment and retention of capable service staff and ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer, in the shortest possible time. It is his fundamental responsibility of training his staff and provide them with effective and meaning full leadership.
1. Be conversant with PFA’s SOPs for Food ‘Business Operators’, Company’s quality policy & quality objectives, core values & operating values and codes of conduct – uphold them dearly, and apply the same in his/her own day to day working – at the same time ensuring that the FOH staff apply it too, in true letter and spirit.
2. Ensure that quality reflects from all operations of the ‘FOH Staff’ of the restaurant; specialize in “change management”.
3. Responsible for day to day restaurant operations.
4. Responsible for maintaining high level of customer-service satisfaction.
5. Effectively delegate jobs and responsibilities to restaurant staff.
6. Communicate with management across the company to ensure effective running of the business as well customersatisfaction.
7. Work with management to set monthly measurable goals & targets and incentives, to increase turnover and profitability of the restaurant.
8. Ensure capacity building of existing staff by arranging, organising, scheduling and physically conducting their continual training on including but not restricted to, menu/beverages & customer services and keeping record of the same; arranging and conducting orientation and training of newly recruited staff, as per policy/procedure.
9. Review and monitor, with book keeper or other account’s personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations. Work to improve performance.
10. Work with management to plan and organize restaurant events – including Employee of the Month event, and monthly assessments.
11. Deal with customer complaints in keeping with the company’s customer-service ethos and methods.
12. Maintain a positive and pro active attitude at all times and exercise futuristic approach.
13. Handle and manage staff disagreements, grievances and uneasy situations, according to the company’s code of conduct, procedures and relevant policies.
14. Actively seek to improve own skills and achieve personal development.
15. Comply with all instructions on health and food-safety of PFA and HACCP.
16. Comply with the provisions of his/her contract and company policies and set personal example in his/her conduct and performance, for junior members of staff to follow.
17. Ensure that all visitors and guests have the best possible experience, at all times.
18. Ensure that all staff members under his/her charge are always immaculately dressed, cut their nails regularly and have regular hair cut.
19. Arrange annual medical checkups of service staff.
20. Cell phones are not to be used on the floor. All information/communication should be done through I - pad or Tablets.
21. If a staff member cannot make to his/her shift, oversee that floor manager on duty finds a replacement or creates best possible scenario, by moving staff around to ensure smoothness of operations of the shift.
22. Conduct checkout procedure for servers/bartenders, from time to time.
23. Take daily round of the restaurant to see if anything requires repairs or maintenance, write down remarks in the complaint book and ensure follow up of the same.
24. Record minutes of the “monthly management meetings” and arrange follow up on “open points”.
25. Make sure that restaurant opening and closing time and checklists are being followed.
26. Assist Operations Manager in ensuring that all policies and procedures of the company, are being adhered to by the FOH staff at all levels/tiers.
27. Perform any other duty, as assigned by the management.