Attorney Job Description
We are looking for a motivated Attorney with exceptional negotiation skills, legal research, and communication and drafting skills. The Attorney will develop relationships with clients as they establish legal needs, provide counsel, help them understand their legal options for their perturbed matters, well conversant in negotiations and represent them in court of law. You will also conduct research, prepare legal documents, and perform other duties to ensure that clients receive the best and most cost-effective legal solutions.
To succeed as an Attorney, you should be knowledgeable, attentive, and proactive. You should also be an excellent arbitrator, negotiator, and problem solver.
● Communicating with clients to learn about their legal needs and concerns and providing them with advice.
● Developing strategies to resolve cases favorably and cost-effectively for clients.
● Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or threats to their attention.
● Building relationships with clients based on trust.
● Developing arguments and representing clients in criminal, civil or other relevant legal proceedings.
● Preparing legal documents, such as contracts, dispositions, drafting appeals, writ petitions and accurately and in a timely manner.
● Staying informed about current legislation, especially concerning legal specialties.
● Finding ethical solutions to legal matters.
● Bachelor's degree in Law (along with diploma in specialized field of practice will be preferred)
● License of High Court.
● Minimum 3-5 years of continuous legal practice
● Experience or expertise in a specific branch of law may be preferred.
● Commitment to abiding by local, provincial and federal laws and behaving ethically.
● Ability to work independently or with a team of attorneys to develop the case strategies.
● Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, public speaking skills.
● Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
● Adaptability and attention to detail.