The Cassandra DBA plays a key part in designing industry-leading solutions. In this role you will be responsible for configuring and maintaining the overall health of a Cassandra cluster. You will also be responsible for the designing optimal data models, planning queries, and establishing best practices for the team. This is a position in a highly collaborative environment working with other skilled professionals to continuously improve database architecture and execution.
- Help design, configure, and maintain an Apache Cassandra cluster, including Datastax Enterprise Graph.
- Analyze data access patterns and identify hotspots and bottlenecks.
- Design and review data models, and help developers plan high performing queries.
- Define and establish best practices with Cassandra, including configuration, monitoring health and backups of the cluster.
- Manage storage capacity of the cluster and help plan for growth based on future project goals.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot production issues as needed.
- Assume other responsibilities as needed.
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Cassandra, including installing, configuring and monitoring a Cassandra cluster.
- Experience with Cassandra data modelling and CQL scripting.
- Experience with DataStax Enterprise Graph, including the Gremlin query language.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework (C#, F#, .NET Core).
- Ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
- Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions.
- Understanding of database best practices and the ability to promote those best practices in the organization.
- Experience working in an Agile or iterative approach to delivery preferred.