Cloudgress is interviewing Backend Python developers with 3-to-7+ years’ experience, to co-lead the building of Natural Language Processing Machine Learning based SaaS products at its new product development lab in Lahore. You will be experienced in database heavy, back-end core Python development (preferably with Django) and REST API integrations, and will be responsible for high and low-level implementation design, development, and native API integrations with Google, Microsoft, Zoom, Stripe, Salesforce, integration/unit testing and technical documentation. You must be able to write clean code with comprehensive end-to-end API error and exception handling and database performance. You must be organized, self-sufficient, and be able to meet tight product release deadlines with strong attention to detail and good interpersonal communication skills.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A highly competitive Total Market Value (TMV) based compensation package up to PKR. 300,000 per month, dependent on qualifications and experience with comprehensive benefits, see below: As part of our lab, you’ll implement the latest next-gen Industry disrupting cloud applications with the latest technologies, providing you with rapid skills development and career advancement opportunities.
- Base compensation, we start at market-rate, with quarterly performance based pay reviews
- Annual Performance Incentive bonus with significant accelerators
- Medical Benefits / Health Insurance allowance
- Housing allowance
- Fuel and/or Transport allowance
- Internet plan and Mobile phone plan allowance
- Free Limited Parking at our office (on first come basis)
- Up to 20 working days annually of Paid Time Off
- Up to 10 days annually of Paid Sick-Leave
- Retirement Fund contributions allowance
- Health club/Gym membership
- Referred Associate Onboarding bonus
- Personal Loan facility of up to 3 months base compensation
- Associate Skills training allowance
- Free snacks, drinks, tea/coffee daily at the office
- Free Friday lunches
SPECIFIC MUST HAVES
- PYTHON 3.7+: Django 2.2+ MVT architecture preferred, Linux, Docker, PostgreSQL , HTML/CSS, Bootstrap.
- DATABASE/SQL: designing and building relational data models with data volumes experiencing exponential growth, writing optimized SQL queries, complex query analysis and diagnosis.
- REST APIs: integration experience with at least two of the following: Google API libraries, Microsoft Identity Platform (MSAL) and Microsoft Graph API and Azure, OAuth2.0 authorization code flow and grant, Stripe API, Zoom API, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce lightning APIs.
- You must be physically residing in Lahore (this is not a remote position)
GENERAL MUST HAVES
- Verifiable experience with expert-level Python and REST APIs, Django preferred.
- Complex SQL scripting and RDBMS design skills a must, and pgAdmin4 knowledge desirable.
- Understanding of fundamental data architecture design and engineering principles behind scalable applications with exponential data volume growth.
- Good knowledge of user authentication and authorization flows between multiple systems, servers, and 3rd-party environments and APIs.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one unified system.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (Django Templating language preferred).
- Experience developing secure REST APl integrations and testing with Postman, Curl.
- Understanding of accessibility, security compliance, API attack surfaces and API security.
- Experience in cloud deployments to any of: DigitalOcean, Heroku, AWS, GCP.
- Good spoken and written English.
NOT ESSENTIAL, BUT NICE TO HAVE
- Stanford Natural Language Processing Library – Stanza, Sutime, CoreNLPClient, Maven, NLTK.
- Cypress / Selenium
- DevOps and DevSecOps thinking and experience.
- Networking, TCP/IP, SMTP, Https, SSL, NAT, IP addressing/subnets, DNS, IPSec, Firewalls
WHAT SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE
There will be exciting challenges and you’ll be exercising a lot of different skills at Cloudgress. This is the opposite of a slow, boring large corporate job. While each team member is equally responsible for a successful project, it is expected you will bring a strong level of personal accountability. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with an aggressive pace of taking on responsibilities, solving problems and progression. Someone who embraces change, sees challenges as opportunities and focuses on finding solutions. Therefore, success in this role would mean that when you make a code delivery forecast, you will deliver tested code on time as you forecasted, and tested MVPs are successfully released on-time under your co-leadership.
- 2 x Interviews
- 2 x real-world technical and/or coding tasks
- Offer letter at our office
Cloudgress is a Canadian cloud-native software company that builds thought-leading Machine Learning solutions for critical business problems. With presence in Toronto, Kyiv and Lahore – We Build Next-Gen Cloud Applications for Entrepreneurs, Startups and SMBs and design them with an exceptional user-experience. Cloudgress is an oppScale.ai concept.