Scope of Job:
A Sr. PHP developer shall be responsible for building efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules, writing web application logic, develop back-end components, connect the application with the other (often third-party) web services, and support the front-end developers by integrating their work with the application. Shall often be required to develop and integrate plugins for certain popular frameworks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take requirement specifications from Manager and implement in the backend framework accordingly
- Assist in troubleshooting software defects as needed.
- Create and update documentation to reflect the API request and response contracts
- Provide in code documentation as the code is written.
- Create and update unit and functional tests to facilitate a continuous integration strategy
- Work closely with the client development teams to obtain requirements for updating or creating new API endpoints.
- Work closely with backend system operators and developers to know the limitations and expectations of those systems.
- Perform code reviews
- Set and enforce coding standards
- Keep up with latest technologies and provide recommendations on the development road map
- Mentor junior developers and help them advance their skills
- 5+ years of development experience with the following languages: PHP, C# .NET, Node.js, Laravel MySQL
- Master’s/ Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences.
- Additional certifications in PHP, Web Development shall be a plus.
- Experience working with Slim framework (PHP)
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Experience working with databases
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experience working with the PHP Standards Recommendations (PSR)
- Experience with multiple development languages