College of Youth Activism and Development a non-profit organization working throughout Pakistan since 2009 together in partnership with Oxfam in Pakistan has launched an exciting project titled, “Empower Youth for Work” aimed to contribute to poverty reduction, youth empowerment (especially of young women) and gender equality through the promotion of effective policies and practices which address the economic and gendered exclusion of youth, and lead to productive and decent employment and self-employment prospects for young women and men living in rural climate-change affected areas.
The said need assessment is aimed to gather Initial assessment to gauge knowledge and understanding of women around SRHR and GBV issues. Family-level discussion sessions will be conducted by the project to understand their level of knowledge around women’s rights, GBV and women’s economic empowerment.
Initial assessment to identify nature and frequency of gender based violence at the family and community level. Assess issues around women’s rights, GBV and women’s economic empowerment. This assessment lays the foundation for better understanding of the prerequisites of young women needs, which would be addressed to empower them socially and economically. Furthermore the recommendations and conclusions deduced shall lay the ground work for development of overall training and advocacy plan. Under the program Union Council Cooperatives groups formed by Youth and for engaging youth are also put in place. These groups shall also contribute in designing of the assessment study.
Scope of Work:
1. Expected Outputs
· Developing a very clear methodology and execution plan of the assignment
· Organizing a study team
· Reviewing relevant documents
· Developing and validating the study questionnaires
· Collecting data from the field and stakeholders
· Analyzing and interpreting the data
· Preparing and submitting a preliminary report to CYAAD and Oxfam for feedback
· Finalizing report
· Consultant is responsible to develop a plan for assessing considering geographical and demographical condition of the area.
· Consultant will consult with project team for finalizing the assessment design, tools and Literature review.
· The Consultant will be responsible to ensure Need assessment on the situation of GBV and SRHR
· Assess the current level of knowledge and general percpetion of youth (men and women) and community influencers on issues GBV and SRHR,(i.e. the present understanding and capacity)
· Articulate the training and engagement needs of young men and women on issues around GBV sexual and reproductive health, as a measure to support the resilience and adaptive capacity of women and girls.
· Determine the difference between the current and the desired awareness and capacities, (i.e. the· knowledge/skills gaps)
· Review the project document and, clearly articulate the needs and gaps in awareness/skills sets and suggest capacity building/awareness raising needs for different range of project target groups.
· Suggest contextually relevant and applicable training and awareness raising interventions.
· propose capacity building interventions addressing the challenges to GBV and women’s access to SRHR in the context of Jamshoro, Sindh
1. Duration of the Assignment
· 10 working days (including preparatory work, remote analysis, and potential field work and
· finalization of report)
· Step 1: Preparing questionnaire, reviewing secondary documents, orientation of team
· members– 1 days
· Step 2: Collecting and analyzing data from the field including community, local government,
· smallholder farmers, small traders and input sellers – 5days
· Step 3: Step 3: Processing data and preparing report– 2 days
· Step 5: Finalizing report after feedback from CYAAD and Oxfam: 2 days
2. Financial Guideline
· Detailed financial projection for the study should be reflected in the proposal
· urgency of the proposal and payment of the assignment will be considered in PKR
2. Consultant profile
· Proven good record in doing research and study in Youth/Women economic empowerment, SRHR and Climate change and ability /commitment to meet agreed deadlines
· The ideal consultant will have 5 to 7 years of - experience of conducting needs assessments/ studies, design of the training material.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong report writing skills.
· Awareness of cultural sensitivities and local context
3. Selection of the Consultant
· Consultants will be evaluated in following criteria:
· Technical proposal and understanding of assignment
· Related experiences and assignments performed by the firm/ consultant
· Financial proposal.
Candidates are requested to submit their detailed Profiles till 20th of September 2017 Friday, not later than 04:00 pm.