College of Youth Activism and Development a non-profit organization working throughout Pakistan since 2009 together in partnership with UNICEF in Pakistan has launched an exciting project titled, “Improving Adolescents lives in Pakistan” aimed to improve and implement a range of activities enabling adolescents to have increased access to and use of information, enhance confidence and avenues to form and express their opinions
The said consultancy for mapping of the referral mechanism is aimed to gather initial knowledge around key technical skills and existing Life skills. Hence CYAAD seeks to engage a consultant who could gather the information which identifies needs leading to development of a mixed training
This assessment lays the foundation for better understanding of the prerequisites of youth and adolescents which would be addressed to empower them socially and economically. Furthermore the recommendations and conclusions deduced shall lay the ground work for development of overall youth engagement strategy. Under the program Union Council Cooperatives groups formed by Youth and for engaging youth are also put in place. These groups shall also contribute in designing of training modules around the skills in demand and skills in need by youth & adolescents.
Scope of Work:
1. Expected Outputs
· Developing a very clear methodology and execution plan of the assignment
· Organizing a study team
· Reviewing relevant documents
· Developing and validating the study questionnaires
· Collecting data from the field and stakeholders
· Analyzing and interpreting the data
· Preparing and submitting a preliminary report to CYAAD for feedback
· Finalizing report
· Consultant is responsible to develop a plan for referral mechanism
· Consultant will consult with project team for finalizing the mapping's design, tools and Literature review.
· The consultant is responsible for the mapping of the available referral mechanism (formal and informal) both at the UC and district level, in consultation with project team and CYAAD management.
· Assess the effectiveness of these mechanisms, determining its relevance for adolescents
· Explore avenues for community and youth associations integration and participation in these mechanisms.
· Develop lay out of the activities that ensure effective engagement and access of communities and adolescents for referral and grievance redressal.
· identify and select appropriate channels/medium that ensure greater outreach of adolescents and communities.
· Develop necessary guidelines for the use of Youth Associations, adolescents and community influencers to access redressal and protection services.
· Help project team and Youth Associations to collaborate for increased frequency of referral and redressal of issues the adolescents of the areas are faced with.
· Facilitate CYAAD team in conduction of these activities, and assist them in capturing feedback and the nature adolescents participation
1. Duration of the Assignment
· 12 working days (including preparatory work, remote analysis, and potential field work and
· finalization of report)
· Step 1: Preparing questionnaire, reviewing secondary documents, orientation of team
· members– 2 days
· Step 2: implementation of the activities in coordination with project team. 5 days
· Step 3: Step 3: Developing guidelines for dissemination 3 days.
· Step 5: Finalizing report after feedback from CYAAD 2 days
2. Financial Guideline
· Detailed financial projection for the study should be reflected in the proposal
· urgency of the proposal and payment of the assignment will be considered in PKR
2. Consultant profile
· Proven good record in doing research and study in Youth/adolescents empowerment and protection.
· Ability /commitment to meet agreed deadlines
· The ideal consultant will have 5 to 7 years of - experience of conducting needs assessments/ studies, design of the mapping exercises.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong report writing skills.
· Awareness of cultural sensitivities and local context
3. Selection of the Consultant
· Consultants will be evaluated in following criteria:
· Technical proposal and understanding of assignment
· Related experiences and assignments performed by the firm/ consultant
· Financial proposal.
Note: Job location is Jamshore
The application will be reviewed on rolling basis. The last date to submit their detailed Profiles is 18 of September 2017 Wednesday, not later than 04:00 pm.