To manage the board meetings, General meetings, Corporate Compliance and filing with the Regulatory Authorities. To handle the legal and commercial matters and compliance with Corporate Laws and procedures.
· Organize and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, Committees and Annual General Meetings. (AGMs)
· Take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with SECP /PSX and other Regulatory Authorities.
· Oversee Policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval.
· Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, Directors and Secretaries including statutory Filings.
· Deal with the correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
· Contribute to the meeting discussion as and when required, and advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies
· Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
· Communication with external regulations including but not limited SECP, PSX and liaise with advisers such as lawyers and auditors
· Develop and oversee the system that ensures the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
Legal & Compliance
· Analyzing legal risks and provide legal advice on any matter impacting the business
· Ensuring comprehensive and ongoing knowledge of trends in legal and compliance trends that have a potential impact on the business
· Draft a board variety of contractual agreements (Sales, distribution, logistics,) in order to secure business sustainability for the company
· Advise on matters pertaining to IP, law regulatory and compliance matters
· Overseeing management of dispute resolution and internal policies
· Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies
· Establish compliance risk analysis and risk mitigation plans to continuously improve compliance
Qualification and Experience
The company secretary & Head of legal must have a degree in law from an accredited law school and at least five years of working experience in a legal & Corporate environment of a fast-paced, fast-evolving and the dynamic environment of listed company or a corporate law firm of good standing.