Cardiac Sonographer – Pediatric, Adult and Fetal
The successful incumbent will:
- Perform cardiac ultrasound studies including portable studies in clinic.
- Operate complex ultrasound equipment with a complete understanding of the physical principles of the ultrasound and its bio-effects
- Consult with referring Cardiologists regarding the appropriate ultrasound procedure
- Assess and prepare patients for procedures; continuously assessing their condition throughout the procedure
- Obtain images and recognize abnormalities and correlate information with clinical patient data
- Perform 2-dimensional, m-mode, color and spectral Doppler flow studies selecting relevant echocardiographic data; making calculations to obtain diagnostic information
- Collate 2-dimensional image information obtained on an on-going basis throughout the study.
- Engage in professional development activities and keep up-to-date in the field of ultrasound and pediatric cardiology
- Establish and maintain good working relations and rapport with all members of the health care team, patients and families
- Police Record Check (PRC) (Essential)
- Current registration with a local sonography authority or society (Essential)
- Formal sonography education (Essential)
- Letter of good standing from employer (Preferred).
- Current registration in BCLS (Preferred)
- One (1) years of clinical experience in scanning, in Pediatric Echocardiography (Essential)
- Fetal Echo experience (Preferred, not required)
- Detailed knowledge of normal cardiovascular anatomy and physiology and knowledge of congenital cardiac defects (Essential)
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as within a multidisciplinary team (Essential)
- Demonstrated strong math, communication and problem solving skills (Essential)
- Computer literacy and data entry skills (Essential)
- Fluent English.
- CMARTO membership (Essential)
Employer will sponsor the work permit and Canadian immigration for the successful candidate.