The Food Technologist utilizes solid food science skills and an understanding of core process engineering principles. This person will identify product, production and process optimization including but not limited to recipe formation, recipe enhancement, ingredient changes, process improvements, and new technology applications.
- Under general direction assume responsibility for undertaking and executing production and process optimization projects of varying importance and complexity within Shakes, Teas, Creams and Snacks sector.
- Collaboration with R&D, Technical Solutions, Finance, QRC, Manufacturing and Marketing. Under general direction, take initiative to secure from such resources for all pertinent advice, ideas, and information having a bearing upon a project.
Product and Process Optimization:
- Recommend, design and develop product and process improvements within operations to provide the optimal solution for the given project.
- Develop initial process and product specifications, formulations, scope of work, schedule, capital design concept and estimates.
- Conduct proof of principle testing to evaluate technical and financial feasibility for proposed solutions.
- Review results of tests with others and recommend further testing and/or changes deemed necessary to formulation and manufacturing processes to assure process capacity and efficiency to meet the business plan.
- Prepare project reports, deduct significance of results and conclusions and make presentations of findings to Management as pertinent to complete assignments.
- Responsibilities may include ingredient specification and formula development, the design, implementation, and documentation of manufacturing feasibility trials and product sample generation, coordination of sensory testing, development of process solutions including conceptual engineering design, PFD and P&ID generation, cost estimation techniques, system and project proposal development, supplier evaluations, coordination of implementation with manufacturing staff; process commissioning, and successful transition of deliverables to plant operating staff, including training and technical knowledge to assure sustainability of improvements.
- Provide project management services as required to deliver optimization projects including cost, schedule, and resource management.
- Oversee and performance production