As a DevOps Engineer at Convo, you will be at the center of efforts to build and/or redesign scalable software solutions. You will design, develop, test, and debug cloud infrastructure and deployment automation in support of Convo's development teams. Your efforts will be critical to ensuring we are following DevOps best practices such as infrastructure as code, use of deployment and maintenance automation at all stages of our SDLC. You will work closely with the application development and product teams and take direction from more senior engineers and leads. The job entails ensuring seamless service to our customers and maintaining a complex product based on cutting edge technology. Working at Convo, you would be working with a highly versatile team with in-depth knowledge of their specialised areas. We strongly believe in knowledge sharing and personal development and consider it an integral part of the organisation culture.
- Managing & maintaining Linux/Windows based cloud infrastructure for testing & production environments on AWS.
- Design, write and deliver solution to improve infrastructure automation, availability, reliability, scalability, security, resiliency, and efficiency of distributed build services.
- Translate standard Services provided by Cloud Providers to Cloud Agnostic platform/deployments.
- Building high-quality metrics and monitoring logic to enable capacity planning, performance analysis, automated incident creation, and scale-out of distributed, multiservice workflows
- Maintaining continuous integration by automating build process and automating any repeating tasks to facilitate development teams
- Proficient in source control and repository management tools to facilitate parallel development activities, - branches merging and application release Ensuring smooth operations on productions and uninterrupted services during releases and production deployments.
Skills & Qualification
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, RDS, S3 etc or other IAAS providers is a plus.
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and container orchestration will be a plus
- Hands on experience with at least on of the monitoring tools such as sensu, monit, nagios, zabbix.
- Ability to quickly learn, adopt and/or adapt to work with automation and monitoring tools.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible would be an added advantage.
- Application servers deployment, configuration and tunning experience (Apache, Tomcat, Apache James SMTP server).
- Experience with build systems and tools for CI/CD like Jenkins, GoCD.
- Shell, Python scripting & familiarity with gradle, ant or groovy for automation activities.
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, debugging skills with a flare to automate mundane and rudimentary operations. A passion for uptime, a great sense of humour and a good football player would be added advantages.